[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16156] Problems with metadynamics postprocessing

Jing Hu hujingping5 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 02:48:01 UTC 2021

Dear cp2k users and developers

I'm learning the metadynamic recently and met the following problems about
postprocessing.

The first one is that in the postprocessing of constructing the free energy
surface, I used 'graph.popt -ndim 2 -ndw 1 2 -file *.restart -find-minima
-cp2k' to get the minimum point on the free energy surface. I got  three
sets of data which include two CV values ​​and corresponding free energy
values, respectively. But awkwardly, I cannot find  the corresponding CV
value in the original *-COLVAR.metadynLog file and thus fail to find the
specific structural configuration . So, I want to know how to find the
structural configuration  corresponding to the minimum point on the free
energy surface.

The second question is that I tried to use 'graph.popt -ndim 2 -ndw 1 2
-file *.restart -find path -point-a CVs -point-b CVs -cp2k' to get the path
between the minimums, but the command lines went wrong as follows:

forrtl: severe (59): list-directed I/O syntax error, unit -5, file Internal
List-Directed Read
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source

graph.popt         00000000004F55FB  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
graph.popt         000000000051C5B1  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
graph.popt         000000000051B2D5  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
graph.popt         000000000040E935  MAIN__                    330  graph.F
graph.popt         000000000040CA62  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
libc-2.17.so       00002B42666F4555  __libc_start_main     Unknown  Unknown
graph.popt         000000000040C969  Unknown               Unknown  Unknow

I have no idea about this problem. If someone can offer some help on any
question between these two, I would be really appreciate!

Regards!
JHu