[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15385] Unreasonable CELL_OPT result obtained for TiO2

Yike Huang ykhua... at gmail.com
Sun May 16 19:00:52 UTC 2021

Dear  Matthias,

I have tested these two methods.
For the first &DIAGONALIZATION plus &KPOINTS method, I find it somewhat
strange that even if I switch on &OUTER_SCF, SCF will still exist with
non-converged warning, and by now I have no idea about it. So I turn to the
second.
For the second that to set MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL both in &CELL and &TOPOLOGY,
it works quite well and I find for accuracy of structure prediction (bond
length, cell parameters, etc.), it is even not necessary to use DFT+U to
tune electron delocalization property of Ti (both anatase and rutile TiO2),
although for band structure calculation, DFT+U is usually critical.
I share information above here and hope it will be useful for other users.

Thank you again.
Yike
在2021年5月16日星期日 UTC+2 下午6:46:31<Matthias Krack> 写道: