[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15370] Re: Problem converge Cu bulk calculations using kpoints

Lucas Lodeiro eluni... at gmail.com
Sat May 15 01:26:57 UTC 2021

Hi !

Nicholas' advice is very important. Your output shows an
oscillating behavior, and one reason could be the extrapolation. Also,
there could be more reasons.
One is related with the metallic character of Cu, a smearing of 300K could
be so low, I would try with 2000K.
Another reason could be the REAL option on the kpoints wavefunctions... I
would use the COMPLEX option.
If these advices do not work, you could explore the settings on the BFGS
optimizer... for example decreasing the TRUST_RADIUS.

Regards - Lucas Lodeiro