[CP2K-user] Problem converging SCF for a system containing Fe2+

salo...@gmail.com salome.l... at gmail.com
Fri May 14 10:53:09 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I am quite new to CP2K and working with transition metals.

I am trying to reproduce some results of an O2 molecule dissociating from
an heme group (Fe2+). I am struggling to converge the SCF wavefunction even
in a singlepoint calculation and I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

As an initial guess, I am using PBE with the following combination of basis
sets and pseudopotentials:
- Fe: BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH & GTH-PBE-q16.
- All the other atoms: DZVP-MOLOPT-GTH with GTH-PBE-q* .

I have attached the input file and the initial geometry.

Can you help me out?

Thank you very much in advance,

Salome