[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15353] GEO_OPT and CELL_OPT difference

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Fri May 14 06:35:58 UTC 2021

Hi,

Are you sure your MPI / OpenMP settings will work (1 MPI process + 6 OMP
threads + NPROC_REP 16)? Try running in serial with OMP_NUM_THREADS = 1 and
NPROC_REP 1 and see if the calculation begins like normal. I'm not sure how
NPROC_REP handles OMP threads, but with OMP_NUM_THREADS = 1, NPROC_REP
divides into the total number of MPI processes and breaks NEB and
vibrational spectra into that many chunks. So if you had 16 MPI processes
(e.g., mpiexec -np 16) and set NPROC_REP to 4, you would break the
vibrational spectrum calculation into 4 chunks each using 4 MPI processes
per vibrational mode. I *think* if you combine that with OpenMP, say
OMP_NUM_THREADS = 4, then you would only have 4 MPI processes and NPROC_REP
4 would just give you 1 chunk.

-T