[CP2K-user] MOLog coefficients are not normalized

msha...@gmail.com mshakiba.... at gmail.com
Mon May 3 19:38:49 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

I wanted to compute the MO overlaps for a geometry using the AO overlap and
the MO coefficients in MOLog files. First I obtained the AO overlap matrix
from DFT%PRINT%AO_MATRICES%OVERLAP and MOLogs from DFT%PRINT%MO. When I
computed the MO overlaps using C^T * S * C (C is the eigenvector and S is
the AO orbital matrix) I found that the eigenvectors coefficients are not
normalized (the AO overlap matrix has 1 on its diagonal). Here is a
response in the group which states that the Gaussian basis sets are not
normalized (https://groups.google.com/g/cp2k/c/qCtT8eWENu0). Now, my
question is that can we normalize the coefficients and then compute the MO
overlaps or we should perform some other post-processing steps to correctly
compute the MO overlaps?

Thanks very much in advance.