[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15288] Re: Need help in running AIMD simulations on Ta2 dimer supported on C2N monolayer

Lucas Lodeiro eluni... at gmail.com
Mon May 3 17:10:37 UTC 2021

Hi Manzoor,

As I see, the xyz file is well defined, the length bonds are good, but,
when you check the periodicity in the first vector, there are
overlapped atoms (VESTA always shows replicated atoms, I fails to transform
from VASP coordinates to XYZ due to put more atoms. Also, the periodicity
in the second vector is weird, if you see it, the replicas do not match
very well, and the distance between them is so long.

Also, on the input there are some definitions which are not the better... I
suggest:
1- Increase the CUTOFF. You are using a 13 electron Ta pseudo, maybe you
need higher plane waves for it.
2- EPS_DEFAULT 1.0E-12 is better for the EPS_SCF defined.
3- Adding Grimme's correction could be a good idea.
4- Change from DIAGONALIZATION to OT scheme. OT is faster and robust for
gapped materials. In case that your system does not have a band gap
(metallic), you have to use DIAGONALIZATION + SMEARING + ADDED_MOS.

Regards