[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15286] Re: Need help in running AIMD simulations on Ta2 dimer supported on C2N monolayer

Fabian Ducry fabia... at gmail.com
Mon May 3 16:05:13 UTC 2021

Dear Manzoor,

a very simple way is to use ASE (a python package). If you have it
installed (e.g. "pip install ase" or if you use conda "conda install -c
conda-forge ase") just run the following two lines in python:

from ase import io

io.read('CONTCAR').write('C2NTa2.xyz')

This will convert the CONTCAR to C2NTa2.xyz. The second line of c2n.xyz
contains Lattice="xx xy xz yx yy yz zx zy zz" which are the 9 numbers
that define the lattice. You can use these to set A xx xy xz B yx yy yz
and C zx zy zz in the &CELL section of the input file. If you explicitly
set A, B,and C then ANGLE is not needed anymore.

Cheers,

Fabian