[CP2K-user] Issue with SMEAR

Michele Cutini michel... at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:32:57 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I am studying the chemisorption of molecules on iron. I would like the
total spin of the system to change, considering there are bonds
forming/braking during the dynamics, thus I switched on the SMEAR keyword.
The SCF converges but the final energy is higher than the very first step…
and the wave function seems close shell.. If I switch off the SMEARING,
keeping the MAGNETIZATION fix to a value, there are no problems.  Can
anyone help me? Hereafter the SCF part of the input.

Thanks

Michele

&SCF

      MAX_SCF 200