[CP2K-user] Allow the restart file to have the same termination point

Amami Haruka amami... at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:38:29 UTC 2021

Hi,
Say if I have a QM/MM input file that asks to run 200000 steps. The cluster
killed the job in 180000 steps due to timeout.
When I resume the calculation with

cp2k.psmp -i prod.restart

The restart file knows that it is currently in 180000 steps and it needs to
run 200000 steps but won't stop when 200000 steps are reached. I imagine
that it would run a further of 200000 steps.
I wonder if it is better that the restart function will take into account
the current step and only run the number of steps that it needs to run?
Thank you.