[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14851] Using DFT-D3(BJ) during QM/MM calculations

Dawid das add... at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 2 12:15:09 UTC 2021

Hi,

You might want to go through this paper:
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/jp3060944.
They perform AIMD for a chromophore of fluorescent proteins which is
electrostatically embedded in the protein environment
so they must also account for vdW interaactions between QM and MM
subsystems at LJ model.
They compare using both BLYP and BLYP+D3 for QM region, so it should be
fine. They also use CP2K.
Best wishes,
Dawid