[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15643] geometry optimization completed

fa...@gmail.com fabia... at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:26:50 UTC 2021

Hi

Your initial guess seems to be pretty bad: The structure at step 0 has a
pressure of 5'546'592 bar and the first BFGS iteration reduces the energy
by more than 50 Hartree, which is enormous. The volume of your cell
increases by a factor of 2 over the 30 BFGS iterations. Maybe you could try
to improve the initial configuration. This would certainly help the
convergence of the SCF and BFGS.

Cheers Fabian