[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15604] Re: Installation CP2K

Esam Elkandro elka... at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 21:22:25 UTC 2021

Thank you so much Jeff.

I follow your suggestion about " conda install -c conda-forge
cp2k=8.2.0=py38_openmpi_1" and the installation  was successful with
"cp2k.psmp".
After installation, I got this message " mpiexec --mca opal_cuda_support 1"
what does this mean?

*Here is my job file: *

#!/bin/bash
#SBATCH -J MPI
#SBATCH --nodes=2
#SBATCH --ntasks=64
#SBATCH --time=0-24:00:00
#SBATCH --export=all
#SBATCH --out=Foundry-%j.out

module load openmpi/4.0.3/intel/2020.0
module load anaconda/2020.7
source activate cp2k
####mpiexec --mca opal_cuda_support -np 128 cp2k.psmp -i NVE_md.inp -o
md4.out
mpiexec -np 128 cp2k.psmp -i NVE_md.inp -o md4.out

##### After installation ####

"Preparing transaction: done
Verifying transaction: done
Executing transaction: |
For Linux 64, Open MPI is built with CUDA awareness but this support is
disabled by default.
To enable it, please set the environment variable
OMPI_MCA_opal_cuda_support=true before
launching your MPI processes. Equivalently, you can set the MCA parameter
in the command line:
mpiexec --mca opal_cuda_support 1 ...

In addition, the UCX support is also built but disabled by default.
To enable it, first install UCX (conda install -c conda-forge ucx). Then,
set the environment
variables OMPI_MCA_pml="ucx" OMPI_MCA_osc="ucx" before launching your MPI
processes.
Equivalently, you can set the MCA parameters in the command line:
mpiexec --mca pml ucx --mca osc ucx ...
Note that you might also need to set UCX_MEMTYPE_CACHE=n for CUDA awareness
via UCX.
Please consult UCX's documentation for detail."