[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15589] Stuck when using BFGS

fa...@gmail.com fabia... at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 10:42:02 UTC 2021

Hi

If you compile cp2k yourself you can modify the code to force BFGS to
select SCALAPACK and still use ELPA for everything else. In
src/motion/bfgs_optimizer.F replace every occurence of "choose_eigv_solver"
with "cp_fm_syevd".
If you are in the cp2k root directory simply run

sed -i.bak src/motion/bfgs_optimizer.F 's/choose_eigv_solver/cp_fm_syevd/g'

and recompile the code. This works for me but I have not extensively tested
it.

Cheers
Fabian