[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15578] Poor force convergence wrt basis set size

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Jun 16 11:35:04 UTC 2021

Hi

my guess (no proof available) would be that your specific system
with only S-S bonds is at the edge of the MOLOPT optimisation space.
The different variations (SR vs. orig) have been optimized for
energy and might be comparably sub-optimal for your system.

The set of S containing molecules used in the optimization is

Al2S3
CS2
H2SO4
S2
S5
SF2
HSSH
SF4
SF6

regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland