[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15777] Re: The target temperature cannot be maintained during AIMD simulation process

Lucas Lodeiro eluni... at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 23:14:26 UTC 2021

I forgot to mention, when all commented things work well, if you want to
thermalize the system after running a production dynamics, it is advisable
to run the thermalization in two steps instead of just one run. I use a two
step procedure, running first a thermalization with a short TIMECON (50 or
100 fs) and REGION MASSIVE, to have a strong coupling and fast temperature
stabilization, then restart using a higher TIMECON (200 fs or what you want
for production) and REGION GLOBAL, restarting the thermostat between step 1
and 2. With this procedure usually you obtain a better thermalization in a
short number of steps.

Regards