[CP2K-user] MULTIPLICITY setting doesn’t work in GEO_OPT?

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 11:05:30 UTC 2021

Hi Yanyan,

One way to replicate the simulation box is via the MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL
keyword in both the CELL section and the TOPOLOGY section.
However, if you are simulating a defective structure that is not optimal,
because you would replicate the defect as well, creating an array of
defects.
You should first replicate the simulation box and coordinates of the
pristine bulk a proper number of times and then create the defect.
How many times is a proper number of times depends on your system.

Regards
Marcella