[CP2K-user] QMMM md NVE error GEOMETRY WRONG or EMAX_SPLINE TOO SMALL

Antonis Evang antoni... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 18:58:09 UTC 2021

Dear Experts/cp2k users,

I am relatively new to cp2k and I was trying to perform a QMMM simulation
of water and I am experiencing this error message after a few steps of my
simulation: GEOMETRY WRONG or EMAX_SPLINE TOO SMALL. I created a Fortran
program to select the QM atoms and save them in an array in order to copy
them properly and place them in MM_INDEX input but maybe I am missing
something. I have performed classical MD and AIMD test runs with the same
coordinates and it seems that the problem isn't from the topology or
geometry. I am kind of stack here! Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Please find attached the input files and the geometry/topology I use

Thank you in advance!
Best regards,
Antonis