[CP2K-user] NO+Au(111) system SCF not converged

menggang meng gang... at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:52:40 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

  I have been trying to do ENERGY calculation for NO+Au(111) system. If I
don’t set BS section, the calculation can converge. But the calculated spin
moment is 0, which is unreasonable. So I open BS section, I can get right
spin moment, but SCF doesn’t converged. As a metallic system, I use
diagonalization as convergence algorithm. I tried several mixing methods, I
found the KERKER_MIXING is a relatively better choice. But, the convergence
of this calculation also cannot reach the desired value (1.0E-6), and only
~1E-4 can be reached. I tried to change the value of ALPHA (from 0.2 to
0.005), but it also doesn’t work. The SCF cycle never converges. Any help
would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,

Gang Meng