[CP2K-user] MULTIPLICITY setting doesn’t work in GEO_OPT?

Yanyan Zhang yanya... at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 02:45:29 UTC 2021

Hi All

I tried to optimize a O2 molecule (triplet) when MULTIPLICITY=1 or 3,
respectively. And the result is that their energies were equal.
So I used their wfn file to calculate the energy finely. But an error
occurred when I used the wfn file whose MULTIPLICITY=3.
 *
___                                                                       *
 *  /
\                                                                      *
 *
[ABORT]
*
 *  \___/      Restarting an LSD calculation from an LDA wfn only works
for    *
 *    |                         multiplicity=1
(singlets).                     *
 *
 * /|
|                                                                        *
 * / \
qs_mo_io.F:934 *

Then I closed the SCF_GUASS RESTART,  the calculation completed
successfully.
and the energy of MULTIPLICITY=3 was really lower than MULTIPLICITY=1.

So I want to confirm if the MULTIPLICITY setting doesn’t work in GEO_OPT?