[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15715] PRESSURE TOLERANCE problems when doing cell opt with strain on 2D slab

Dragon Don shin... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 22:49:00 UTC 2021

Dear Thomas Kühne

  I really appreciate your timely help. It's glad to know that the pressure
deviation is not that far off but why, I thought 1300 bar(=13 MPa)is quite
huge.
  Indeed, I have tested another 400 optimization steps, but the pressure
deviation changes slightly, just fluctuating around 1300 bar.
  It's strange that such convergence issue only happens when the strain is
loaded along the y axis (My cell is oblique hexagon as shown below).
  And the larger the y strain, the further the pressure deviation reaches,
even up to 3000 bar for twice the y strain.
  In contrast, the pressure deviation can easily converge to 100 bar for x
strain loading. The only difference is there are three cell parameters
  (a,b,γ) that should be settled in y strain loading, while only b and γ
need to be calculated for x strain loading. So, Thomas, what can I do to
address this issue.
  Looking forward to your advice!

Dragon Don

在2021年7月12日星期一 UTC+8 下午8:10:32<tkuehne> 写道: