[CP2K-user] cp2k macOS Big Sur Installation Error

Bensen Hsu 59378... at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 07:54:18 UTC 2021

Is there anyone who also uses macOS came across the below problem during
first time installation?

(base) Bensens-MacBook-Pro:cp2k bensenhsu$ *make
ARCH=Darwin-IntelMacintosh-gfortran VERSION=sopt*
Discovering programs ...
Version sopt is now an alias for ssmp with OMP_NUM_THREADS=1.
/Users/bensenhsu/cp2k/Makefile:51:
/Users/bensenhsu/cp2k/arch/Darwin-IntelMacintosh-gfortran.ssmp: No such
file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target
'/Users/bensenhsu/cp2k/arch/Darwin-IntelMacintosh-gfortran.ssmp'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [/Users/bensenhsu/cp2k/Makefile:130: sopt] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:121: all] Error 2

I'm new in this field, so I would like to hear from you. Drown me with your
advice!