[CP2K-user] Struggling to get SCF Convergence in Cell_Opt run

ASSIDUO Network lenardc... at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 05:48:12 UTC 2021

Hi there everyone, hope you've had a great week.

I've been trying to run a cell optimization of bulk Au, and I am using the
attached input file, but I'm not getting an inner loop SCF convergence.
I've made many small changes, such as including/excluding OUTER_SCF,
changing the SCF convergence criterion, changing the number of cell
optimization steps, changing the number of KPoints and changing the mixing
method. Nothing has worked. I haven't tried a combination of the above
though.

Do you perhaps have any suggestions to me on how to get convergence?
Furthermore, I would also appreciate some tips to speed up my simulations
(settings/flags) wise.

Thanks in advance,
Lenard