[CP2K-user] Co(111) Geometry optimization with kpoints

fa...@gmail.com fabia... at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 17:03:26 UTC 2021

Dear Manuel,

I changed a couple of things in the input and it's converging now (attached
below). The changes include:
To use the WAVELET poisson solver I rotated the slab such that B is the
surface vector.
I also decreased RELAX_MULTIPLICITY because large values hinder scf
onvergence. Maybe you need to test various initial guesses (see here:
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-8_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/KIND/BS.html)
to find the minimal energy configuration.
I increased the ELECTRONIC_TEMPERATURE in the &SEMEAR section. 300 K
corresponds to just 0.02 eV in VASP which is very little.

Cheers,
Fabian