[CP2K-user] Doubt regarding global optimization using minima hopping algorithm

Aditya Goyal goyal.... at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 10:58:07 UTC 2021

Dear Cp2k users,

I am using minima hopping algorithm (global optimization) for calculating
the least reactive configuration for my system. I am using DFT in Force
Evaluation section of the input file with Default E_TARGET and E_ACCEPT. I
took DZVP basis set with cutoff 200Ry and also with 250 Ry. I took high
initial temperature (600 K) in minima hooping part. But minima is not
escaping and it is not visiting any other local minima[s] in the (out)
file. Can somebody suggest some changes that I can make in the input file
for converging my system. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards

Aditya