[CP2K-user] Very Slow NEB Calculations

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 02:53:49 UTC 2021

Hi,

I think you may have set NPROC_REP incorrectly. If you use a total of 1800
processors (with openmp threads = 1; mpiexec -np 1800 cp2k.psmp in > out),
for example, NPROC_REP for 9 images should be 200. Get rid of the KPOINTS
section, drop the smearing and mixing parts, and turn on OT. Change
EXTRAPOLATION USE_GUESS to EXTRAPOLATION ASPC or PS with OT. Should run
much quicker. I can't remember if CP2K treats the user supplied endpoints
as frames in the number of replicas or if it's 2 + NUMBER_OF_REPLICA.
Someone else can clarify or you can run a couple test calculations assuming
you divide your total processor pool by 9 or 11 in setting NPROC_REP. If
you kept the output files from your first attempt, you'll know based on how
many bands were created.

-T

On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 4:36:17 PM UTC-5 ti... at hotmail.com