[CP2K-user] Energy Fluctuations in Geometry Optimization

ASSIDUO Network lenardc... at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 19:36:45 UTC 2021

If I'm not mistaken, I think your structure is too far away from the
optimized geometry. Your best bet would probably be to get the best
structure possible before starting the geometry optimization.

This is true because I see the following in your output file:
At the 50th cycle your convergence criterion is around 0.9, nowhere near
1.0E-07, and you also get a message of "SCF run NOT converged".

I don't really see any issues with the flags you chose, so I think your
issue is probably with the structure. The same thing happened to me the
other day.
On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 7:15:49 PM UTC+2 ti... at hotmail.com