[CP2K-user] Orbital transformations for system with shallow defect states

Nicholas Winner nwi... at berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 15 22:42:01 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I am running some defect calculations for vacancies using CP2K, and some of
my calculations induce states very close to the band edge.

I believe this is causing the OT method to be very slow in its convergence,
since OT requires (to my knowledge) a clear delineation between
occupied/unoccupied states. I would like to continue using OT because of
its good scaling behavior, so I'm wondering if there are any tricks to help
converge systems with shallow states, or if I simply need to let the SCF
proceed for a very long time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

-Nick