[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14674] SCAN_error: KS energy is an abnormal value (NaN/Inf).

fa...@gmail.com fabia... at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 07:32:23 UTC 2021

Hi,

All meta-GGA functionals that are available in libxc should work for you
(https://www.tddft.org/programs/libxc/functionals/libxc-5.1.0/).
If you have access to the trunk version of cp2k you can try R2SCAN which is
a revised SCAN functional designed for improved SCF convergence, see doi:  10.1021/acs.jpclett.0c02405
and  doi: 10.1021/acs.jpclett.0c03077
If you are stuck with an older version of cp2k (8.1 or older) you could
give TPSS a try.

Cheers,
Fabian