[CP2K-user] GTH pseudopotential from CP2K to abinit format

Dan_M danielm... at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 18:05:04 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I am interested in performing some calculations with Abinit employing the
same GTH pseudopotentials I am using now in CP2K. These GTH pseudos are
different from those provided with CP2K and thus I have not the option of
downloading them from the 'GTH pseudos' library where these are in
different formats. I naively assumed I could simply compare both formats
and then rewrite my GTH's to Abinit format,  but when comparing the same
pseudo of the library in both formats, I see that the Abinit one contains a
couple of parameters that are not present in the CP2K format, e.g. for O it
would be:

O GTH-PBE-q6
2 4
0.24455430 2 -16.66721480 2.48731132
2
0.22095592 1 18.33745811
0.21133247 0

in CP2K format versus

Goedecker pseudopotential for O
8 6 070301 zatom,zion,pspdat
10 11 1 2 2001 0 pspcod,pspxc,lmax,lloc,mmax,r2well
0.24455430 2 -16.66721480 2.48731132 rloc nloc c1 c2
2 nnonloc
0.22095592 1 18.33745811 rs ns hs11
0.21133247 1 0.00000000 rp np hp11
             0.00755927 kp11

for Abinit. So, in this case the Abinit pseudo contains a parameter 'mmax'
in the second line and another parameter 'kp11' in the last line, which are
not present in the CP2K one. Can these be straightforwardly derived from
any GTH pseudo in CP2K format to write directly the Abinit one?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel