[CP2K-user] New KIND generated after minimization

qi...@gmail.com qing... at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 00:44:51 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am running QM/MM MD simulations using CP2K 7.1. I found that I could not
do the minimization starting from a CRD (rst) file, but it could be done
starting from a PDB file,
which was generated with amb2pdb from Amber.
The error reported is:
#
Unknown element for KIND <NG>. This problem can be fixed
specifying properly elements in PDB or specifying a KIND section or
getting in touch with one of  the developers!
#
I checked my system, I did not find an atom named NG.

Even though the minimization was done successfully starting from a PDB
file, but the subsequent NVT equilibration was failed due to the same
error. After I added a section of
NG (I assume it is nitrogen), the NVT equilibration was running
successfully.

Is there a way to convert the restart file into a pdb file, so that I can
check which atom was renamed to NG by CP2K? Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

All the best,
Qinghua