[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16413] Re: surface dipole correction:applicability/universality

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 13:35:31 UTC 2021

Dear Victor

The importance of the dipole correction depends on the electrostatic
properties of the system.
For instance in order to determine the workfunction from an asymmetric slab
it is needed.
On the other hand, for electrostatic ally symmetric system has no effect.
Just compute energy and forces  with and without dipole correction to
estimate its contribution for the specific system of interest.

Regards
Marcella