[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16409] Large value of IASD

Gayathri Vijayakumar gayathrivijay12 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 08:05:31 UTC 2021

  Dear all,

I have performed a  UKS calculation with *charge set to 0 and multiplicity
=1* (even  number of electrons in the system). I have made around 15
attempts with UKS False, smearing on, different minimizes, preconditioners
and all of them failed to converge the SCF.

In one of those trials, the SCF struggled to converge and converged after
many steps. I terminated the simulation forcefully and got the following in
the output even for the converged SCF steps.

Integrated absolute spin density  :
59.3323737862
  Ideal and single determinant S**2 :                    0.000000
29.954091

For multiplicity set to 1, the values are unrealistic indicating severe
spin contamination and the results seem wrong.  I have attached the input
file. Can someone please help me in mitigating this issue?

I will be very thankful for your help.