[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16381] Re: CP2K/SIRIUS magnetic moment

Martin Konôpka konopka2010 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 21:39:42 UTC 2021

Dear Anton,

Thank you very much! This is quite interesting for me as I am presently
also trying to do some spin-orbit coupling calculations, for the first time
for me, BTW. (I used PWscf of Quantum-Espresso for it which I first had to
learn.) And now I tried your Au input file with CP2K/SIRIUS, the same
versions as I used for my recent reports. It works except the last stage -
it says that
"stress and forces with SO coupling are not upported"
(Of course, I understand there there are features not implemented yet.)

There is however an additional problem for me - I am not able to convert
the v6.3 PPs from the site
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/pseudopotentials/ps-library/au
to the json format. When I issue the command
/usr/bin/python3 upf_to_json.py Au.rel-pbe-n-rrkjus_psl.1.0.0.UPF
I am getting the message
Warning missing size field in attributes
Warning: missing size field in attributes <Element 'PP_NLCC' at
0x7fd1bc420ea0>
Warning missing size field in attributes <Element 'PP_LOCAL' at
0x7fd1bc420ef0>
Don't know how to parse this 'q_with_l != T'

Converting the older version PPs from that site works; for example
/usr/bin/python3 upf_to_json.py Au.rel-pbe-dn-rrkjus_psl.0.1.UPF
cleanly produces an Au.json file.

Am I using an improper version of the SIRIUS distribution or python? My
versions are
SIRIUS version : 7.2.7
python3.8 on ubuntu 20.04.

Thanks again and best regards