[CP2K-user] Printing electrostatic potential on each atom

Nicholas Winner nwi... at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 27 18:50:37 UTC 2021

I don't believe CP2K can do this natively. What I have done is (1) load the
V_HARTREE cube file into memory, (2) to define an atomic site radius based
on each species, (3) create a spherical mask around the atomic site based
on those radii in the 3D matrix of the cube's data, (4) then you can either
integrate to get the total potential around the site, or more commonly you
can get the average of the electrostatic potential.

My development branch of pymatgen can do this, which I can share if you are
can work with that. Alternatively, it should be in the main pymatgen branch
in another week or two.

-Nick