[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15078] LSD: try to use a different multiplicity

Anton Lytvynenko anton.s.... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:09:21 UTC 2021

Dear Rupesh Tiwari,

are you sure the multiplicity of the whole system is 5? I don't think
so. You have 243 Au atoms, allegedly Au(0), each having [Xe]4f145d106s1
configuration. Within the metal slab, they are allegedly paired, but
even in this case you have 1 extra electron which gives total
multiplicity 6.

I wonder if this situation really physical, however. Do you have any
reason for odd number of Au atoms in your system?

What is more, are you sure that the charge and subsequently the
multiplicity of the Fe ion will be retained upon the adsorption on the
metal surface?

In general, I would suggest to put the even number of Au atoms to the
system (maybe by doubling the supercell? or adding and extra Au layer?)
and try to play with RELAX_MULTIPLICITY feature in order to figure out
what really happens in your system. However, it's up to your scientific
insight.

Hope that could help.

Yours,
Anton