[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14929] Annealing for obtaining the structure of material by AIMD simulation?

Thomas Kühne tku... at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 10:27:10 UTC 2021

Dear Zhijian,

yes PADE refers to a Paderborn fit of the well known PW92 LDA XC functional.
Since using the regular ANNEALING statement the velocities are rescaled, this
inherently is not compatible with any thermostat! After some time you will recognize
that the thermostat will desperately induce kin. energy to compensate for the
rescaled velocities to maintain the initial set external temperature. Hence, please
use TEMPERTURE_ANNEALING, which, however, rescales the external temperature
within the thermostat instead of the velocities (T ~ v^2).

Best,
Thomas