[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13950] Re: gas phase calculations

Pierre Cazade pierre.a... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:14:48 UTC 2020

Dear Marcella,

Please find as attached document two output files. The first aco-mo.inp
contains the results for a crystal made of 78 atoms. This is a normal
condensed phase calculation. The second opt.out is for the gas phase
system made of 75 atoms. The systems have nothing in common.

I would like to attract your attention that the grid cutoffs of
aco-mo.inp are much larger than those of opt.inp, and yet aco-mo.inp is
much faster than opt.inp.

I am also running the gas phase system on a single node of a cluster
with 40 MPI tasks. The calculation is obviously faster than on my
workstation but still frustratingly slow.

Regards,
Pierre

--
Dr Pierre Cazade, PhD