[CP2K-user] Problems to contraint the z axis of an atom

qin li flytomoo... at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 03:45:10 UTC 2020

Dear CP2K users and developers,
        I'm using cp2k7.1 to restrain an atom in a target position in z
axis, but the distance subsection does not work fine as i expected. The
target z axis of the atom (9.2) is in a metastable state in MD without
constraint and close to to its initial z coordination (9.18), but when i
add the constraint on it, the output of the z coordination turn out to be
around 9.4,  which is not 9.2, so i'm puzzled if there is some issues in my
input. Here are my input to define the CV and constraint:
     &COLVAR
       &DISTANCE
         &POINT
           TYPE FIX_POINT