[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13916] Poisson solver for big-slab system

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Fri Sep 18 08:47:31 UTC 2020

Hi

a few remarks:

for a 2d system you can use either a 3d or 2d Poisson solver.
If your system is symmetric or only has a small dipole orthogonal
to the slab you can use 3d system with a large enough vacuum space.
For largeer dipoles there is also the dipole correction term.
Remember that in CP2K the overhead of using vacuum space is rather small.

For the 2d case there are several options. ANALYTIC, MT and Wavelet.
Wavelet requires the slab to be in the xz plane.
The convergence should not depend on the choice of solver. If it is
slow, you probably have another problem. I would choose ANALYTIC, and
WAVELET as the second choice.

Implicit solvers are for very specific applications. I don't see how
they relate to your system.

regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland