[CP2K-user] RPA Total Energy Calculation

Frederick Stein nwfr... at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 15 11:40:35 UTC 2020

Dear Birkan,

In general, our regtest suite provides some documentation on how to use the
different functionalities. For RPA, it's the directories
tests/QS/regtest-ri-rpa and tests/QS/regtest-rpa-cubic-scaling. The first
directory is for our quartically scaling algorithm, the second one about
our cubically scaling algorithm. The second one is faster for larger
systems. For further information about all possible functionalities, have a
look at our manual:
https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/XC/WF_CORRELATION.html
(beware that this manual relates to the development branch of CP2K, in
older versions, there was a different input.

Basically, there are two input sections in the WF_CORRELATION section:
RI_RPA and LOW_SCALING.
For RPA calculations, you have to set the RI_RPA section. The most
important keywords there are MINIMAX (to activate the minimax quadrature,
recommended) and QUADRATURE_POINTS (determining the accuracy of the
quadrature, with the minimax grid you need 6-8 quadrature points).
For cubically scaling calculations, you have to set the LOW_SCALING section
additionally. The important parameters there are EPS_FILTER (determines
accuracy and timing),  MEMORY_CUT (reduces the memory needs).
The parameters for the integral calculation are found in the INTEGRALS
section.

I've never run RPA calculations using k-points. It's only available for
cubically scaling RPA. There, you have to set the parameter DO_KPOINTS.

If you have further questions, just ask.

Best,
Frederick
em... at gmail.com schrieb am Dienstag, 15. September 2020 um 10:03:02
UTC+2: