[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13842] Re: NaN for Iodine atoms in Hirshfeld charges

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Sep 7 14:20:21 UTC 2020

Hi

I don't know the history of this problem, but I have fixed it in
the development version available on github. If you want to
fix a recent version yourself you can do so by adding a single line
to the file

atom_fit.F

      ostate%state = 8
      CALL powell_optimize(ostate%nvar, x, ostate)
      CALL density_fit(density, atom, num_gto, x(1), x(2), co, ostate%f)      <--- new line

      CALL release_opgrid(density)

best regards

Juerg Hutter

PS The proble is related to use SHAPE_FUNCTION DENSITY. It should work
   in all versions with the default SHAPE_FUNCTION GAUSSIAN

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland