[CP2K-user] Bulk phase vibrational spectra

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 20:24:15 UTC 2020

Hi,

It doesn't look like either of these calculations ran to completion and
towards the end of a3.out it is struggling to reach convergence. Though it
looks like a2 just ran a little over the 1 ps mark, so it should be OK. I
see in a3.inp you have increased your timestep to 2.5 fs which is almost
certainly the cause of your instability. Reduce this to 0.5 fs and start
from the end of a2 again. This is a very computationally expensive tutorial
to run unfortunately to generate 30 ps. It may be beneficial to you to run
the analysis at 10 ps into the production run and see if you can
qualitatively reproduce the spectrum. You can keep running the trajectory
in the background while doing this and stop it early if you're satisfied
with the result from 10 ps.

-T

On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 6:06:11 AM UTC-4 sum... at gmail.com