[CP2K-user] Can RMSD be used as a constraint CV ?

Adams ke gaoisp... at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:26:56 UTC 2020

Hello everyone:
    I am new to CP2K. Recently I've struggling to use thermodynamics
intergration
technique to compute the free energy change of a system with RMSD as CV,
following
the lecture given by  Dr. Marcella Iannuzzi
http://archer.ac.uk/training/course-material/2014/04/PMMP_UCL/Slides/cp2k_2.pdf
&COLVAR
     &RMSD
       &FRAME
               COORD_FILE_NAME static.xyz
        &END
     &END
   &END COLVAR
Then, the constraint section is:
  &CONSTRAINT
        &COLLECTIVE
          COLVAR 1
          INTERMOLECULAR
          TARGET  2.0
        &END COLLECTIVE
    &END CONSTRAINT
*The error is :*
 *   ___
   *
 *  /   \
    *
 * [ABORT]
   *
 *  \___/
    *
 *    |
    *
 *  O/|
    *
 * /| |
    *
 * / \
subsys/molecule_kind_types.F:309 *

After checking the source code
*                   subsys/molecule_kind_types.F, from line 256 to line
309 *
I found  there  is no way for this to run at all, because RMSD is not
implented as a case
in this subroutine, though many CVs have been implemented.
Link to the source code
https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/blob/master/src/subsys/molecule_kind_types.F
Is there any way to get around this ?  I've been struggling for quite a
while, any help would be much appreciated.