[CP2K-user] How to print the molecular orbitals in vectorized format?

msha...@gmail.com mshakiba.... at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 13:43:08 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know how can we print out the molecular orbitals in vectorized
format? In fact, I want to compute the overlaps between molecular orbitals
between two wavefunctions of two geometries at two time steps in MD, and
just wanted to know is that what would be the best way to compute the
overlaps between the "molecular orbitals" at those two time steps?

As far as I see in the &PRINT/&MO section, the orbitals are printed in AO
basis, so the computing <MO(t)|MO(t+dt)> would require computing
<AO(t)|AO(t+dt)> matrices and knowing just the eigenvectors may be
insufficient. So, I need to know how to print those molecular orbitals in
such a way to compute the overlaps between two time step without need to
compute <AO(t)|AO(t+dt)> matrices?

Thanks in advance.

Mohammad.