[CP2K-user] Keeping track of the dipole moment along MD trajectory.

Ignacio Suárez Martín ig.suar... at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:50:19 UTC 2020

Hi,

I would like to keep track of the dipole moment of the system under study
along the trajectory.

Because I am using DFT, I can do that in the &DFT section as:

&PRINT
    &MOMENTS
     FILENAME dip
     &EACH
      MD 1
     &END EACH
    &END MOMENTS
  &END PRINT

The problem is that it generates a file for every single step of the
trajectory, which could lead to thousands of files that contain the
information of just a single step.

Is it possible to get one single file where the dipole moment of every step
of the trajectory is stored? Like the typical .xyz or .ener files.

Thanks so much for your time and help,
Ignacio.