[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13992] Hartree Potential in Terms of AO Matrix

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Fri Oct 2 09:08:41 UTC 2020

Hi

CP2K calculates the KS energy assuming PBC. The KS-Matrix is

KS = T + Vpp + Vxc[rho] +Vh[rhot]   with rhot = rho + core

The output matrices are

KOHN_SHAM_MATRIX    : KS
KINETIC_ENERGY      : T
CORE_HAMILTONIAN    : T + Vpp
POTENTIAL_ENERGY    : Vpp
MATRIX_VXC          : Vxc

There is no option to print Vh[rhot].
As the standard program flow calculates Vxc+Vh together, one
could print Vh at the same point as Vxc (that has to be calculated
again for the printing), but this would require to add a couple of
lines of code.

or

Vh = KS - CORE_HAMILTONIAN - Vxc

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland