[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14238] Re: Geometry optimisation of organic molecule on fcc Au(111) slab

DMITRII Drugov dresear... at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 06:18:44 UTC 2020

Dear Anton, thank you a lot for your reply!

Could you please have a look at cell setting for my other surfaces? I would
like to know that I got it correct.
I have Li(100) bcc here, with a=b=c= 3.51 A
my XZY file gave me  14.04000000  14.04000000   3.51000000. My CP2K cell
parameters should be ABC 14.04000000  14.04000000   50.0000 with
ALPHA_BETA_GAMMA 90 90 90

For graphite as length = 2*sqrt(3)*a , where a=b=2.46 and c (interlayer
distance) = 6.71A. The surface has about 4 a in xy and it is hexagonal. So
CP2K cell parameters will be ABC 13.84 13.32 50 with ALPHA_BETA_GAMMA 90 90
120

For Si(100), a = 3.867 A. It's also fcc and hexagonal, I found ABC 21.87
21.87 50.00 ALPHA_BETA_GAMMA 90 90 120
Do you think it's correct?

Also, do you think I need to set up different GPW cutoff and real_cutoff
for each system individually? Or I can use one cutoff for these four
different surfaces to calculate adsorption of organic molecule?

When I do geometry optimisation with GC optimiser, I use only following in
QS section.
 &QS
      EPS_DEFAULT 1.0E-12
      WF_INTERPOLATION ASPC
    &END QS
However, I saw people specify it in this way to highlight GPW method
    &QS
      METHOD GPW
      EXTRAPOLATION USE_GUESS
    &END QS
Do you think which one is correct for geometry optimisation? For
calculation of Eab, I can use total energy of system for the last step of
optimization? I don't need to take final structure and run energy
calculation again, unless I need some charge density distribution etc?

Regards,
Dmitrii
[image: Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 4.54.18 pm.png][image: Screen Shot
2020-11-18 at 5.07.10 pm.png]

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 11:26:07 PM UTC+11 ant... at gmail.com