[CP2K-user] Free surface creation

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 18:51:26 UTC 2020

Hi,

A list of some software for generating slabs,

Commercial: VirtualNanoLab, MedeA, Materials Studio, Amsterdam modeling
suite
Free: atomsk, burai, pymatgen, Atomic Simulation Environment, check
Materials Project for VASP pre-optimized surface (rescale the coordinates
and lattice parameters to match your CP2K results), supposedly Avogadro and
VESTA can do it as well but I've never used them for slab generation, check
SI of papers using the same surface for coordinates

-T