[CP2K-user] An invalid set of cell vectors was specified. The determinant det(h) is too small

Dev Rana dev.... at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:19:23 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to run a MIXED LINEAR DFT with MD run in which I have 2 states
defined in multiple FORCE_EVALs. I might just be doing this incorrectly but
I'm getting the following error. My cell vectors were predefined by an MD
equilibration run, they should be OK. I even tried to expand my cell (make
it very large) but I get the same error. My only thought that the SUBSYS
COORDs are different. *State 1 has 5 Carbon Atoms and 10 Hydrogen Atoms and
State 2 has 15 Hydrogen Atoms. *I tried to make them the same and received
the same error. I've attached my input file for your reference.

 *   ___
   *
 *  /   \
    *
 * [ABORT]
   *
 *  \___/      An invalid set of cell vectors was specified. The
determinant   *
 *    |                             det(h) is too small
    *
 *  O/|
    *
 * /| |